The Legal Eye Complaint Handling Service provides an entirely flexible, independent and methodical approach to resolving complaints.
We aim to reduce the stress that is often involved in handling complaints.
Our team works across all areas of legal practice, for example; private client, litigation and conveyancing (in particular high volume transactional/remortgage work). Clients will often fully outsource complaint handling to Legal Eye or alternatively some use the service on a ‘per complaint/one off’ basis. The service includes:
- An independent review of the client’s complaints.
- Preparation of a response following a review of the client’s file, alongside consideration of the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules.
- The review can take place either onsite or offsite by remote access to the case management systems.
- Provide suggested areas of improvement to combat the reoccurrence of a complaint of a similar nature.
- Provide monthly, quarterly or annual reports on complaints investigated, including trends and root cause analysis. This in turn allows firms to improve efficiency and productivity.
Our ‘Complaint Handling Tool Kit’ includes further documentation to help you to effectively manage complaints:
- Review/Draft Complaint policy for clients.
- Review/Draft Internal complaints handling procedure.
- Provision of an agenda for a quarterly review meeting and of a tool to record the minutes.
- Provide an effective recording function to capture; the detail, provide a reporting function and pull together trends.
We also offer face-to-face training for your team covering:
- Complaint handling the process, recording, reporting and monitoring
- The psychology of a complaint …why do people complain?
- The importance of brand and reputational management – focus on social media and client retention
- The difference between a ‘grumble’ and a ‘complaint’ – the value in responding to and recording both.
- Engaging in service recovery active listening, managing expectations, managing difficult conversations.
Bespoke training modules can also be created to cater to your particular requirements.