What is WIQS?
WIQS is the Law Society’s mark of quality for firms who specialise in will drafting, probate and estate administration.
How would attaining the WIQS quality standard benefit you?
- It would differentiate you from other non-solicitors, will writers and service providers
- Benefit from the training programmes built around the scheme’s robust Protocol
- Attain the quality mark and be recognised for your expertise, experience and highest levels of client service
- The trusted Law Society mark of quality helps consumers identify and choose an advisor with confidence in the integrity of the practice
- Entry on the Law Society website
- Scheme Logo – which can be used on stationery, promotional material and your website
- Be recognised for providing Quality Client Care Standards for Wills, Probate and Estate Administration Matters
“its better to have someone who is working on compliance full time, interacting with a range of people with similar issues, and thus developing best practice, than someone like me that is only doing it part-time with a completely insular view” Legal Eye Client- Stoke on Trent
Criteria for acceptance into the WIQS scheme
The appointment of a Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) who will oversee the scheme and the relevant staff. The SRO must be able to show evidence of a minimum of three years experience in will writing and estate administration.
You must adhere to good practice management, financial and risk procedures, through the implementation of the Core Practice Management Standards.
You must adhere to best practice in will writing and estate administration through implementation of the guidance, set out in the two part Protocol, which is mandatory for scheme members.
You must complete mandatory training of the protocol i.e. within six months of accreditation into the scheme.
Note: If the SRO is the same for WIQS and for CQS then there is no need to repeat the training.
You must comply with the assessment process and where appropriate any ongoing monitoring processes.
How can Legal Eye help you?
Legal Eye provide sound knowledge and practical solutions to comply with the ever changing regulatory framework. We pride ourselves in our personal approach to compliance and risk management.
Our services include:
- WIQS applications
- Risk Management Policies
- Policies and procedures in accordance with the Core Practice Management Standard
- Compliance of the Code of Conduct
- CQS applications
- File reviews
- Lexcel Accreditation
- Training e.g. AML, E & D, Bribery Act etc
…. and much more
What Legal Eye Clients say about us:
Latest Client Satisfaction Survey Results:
- 86% would actively recommend us
- 93% are delighted/happy with the service received